energyPRO 4.4 update released
New facilities in energyPRO 4.4 update
- Improved Operation Strategy for electric stores
- Possibility of making formula based limited access to fuels
- More user-friendly formula editing window
- More intelligent operation of units without access to storage
- Time series overview table
- Improved QI
energyPRO used by Rambøll in US
The awareness of the efficient and optimized district energy systems from Denmark is evolving in US. Especially the Campus areas which already have a district energy infrastructure is ready for the optimization.
Denmark is in the 4th generation evolution of district energy, low temperature district heating networks, many different and renewable productions units, storage facilities both for cooling and heating. District Energy Generations
energyPRO is an energy systems optimization model, a techno-economic model with no limitations to what can be modelled. Even very complex systems or new technologies not ready made, are modelled by the physical and economic properties with all the time series necessary to reflect the operation.
Our specialized consultants in energyPRO often model projects for other consultants so they can focus on their core task and save time and money. Afterwards the consultants take over and run the necessary scenarios and have a quite steep learning curve regarding energyPRO modelling.
EMD International A/S develops energyPRO. energyPRO has been developed over 30 years and continue to meet the needs of the present and future energy systems. energyPRO has been part of the Danish district energy evolution.
Only your imagination sets the limit to what you can model in energyPRO.
energyPRO 4.4 released
Major new facilities in energyPRO 4.4
- Dedicated heat pump unit
- COP and capacity are calculated automatically using. temperature time series
- Support for the new German CHP-law
- New economy functions
- All CPU cores used for calculations.
- The individual months or years are calculated in parallel, so the total calculation time becomes shorter
- New formula interpreter
- New formula expressions, including if and Datetime expressions.
- Min, Max, Avg and Sum can be specified by as many variables as desired
- Increased use of graphics
- Load lines can be seen graphically in all energy conversion devices
- The graphics are in separate windows
energyPRO 4.3 released
December 17th, 2014
We are pleased to inform you that energyPRO 4.3 is available for download.
A number of improvements are included in this release. Read more about the improvements here.
Of the major improvements, we will like to mention:
- Improved operation strategy when having an electricity demand (In Germany known as Eigenstrom or Geschlossenes Verteilernetz)
- Improved options of non-availability periods on units
- Option of setting fixed operational periods
- Option of moving time series under date conservation instead of weekly conservation
- Fuel consumption and production at Production, graphic
- New graph, Carpet plot, on time series, demands and results
- Improvements of REGION
energyPRO entering China
The China National Renewable Energy Centre (CNREC), which is a national institution for assisting China’s energy authorities in renewable energy (RE) policy research and industrial management and coordination, has contracted EMD to conduct a 2-day energyPRO training course in Beijing, China on December 11-12, 2014 for its staff.
The in-house training course will provide training in using the energyPRO software suite for design, optimization and analysis of the techno-economic performance and feasibility of various types of RE projects.