EMD WAsP CFD Subscriptions in windPRO
Flexible, fast and cost-effective access to run CFD calculations directly in windPRO
The EMD WAsP CFD subscription is a unique service for companies wishing to have continuous and flexible access to run high- resolution CFD calculations without any investments in own software, computer resources or in-house expertise. The service is available at very attractive prices directly from windPRO. Calculations are executed on the EMD High Performance Computer (HPC) Cluster using the WAsP CFD model developed by DTU.
The EMD WAsP CFD subscriptions are offered as annual subscriptions at fixed prices with a specified number of WAsP CFD calculation credits included in each quarter together with an additional number of WAsP CFD calculation units, which can be freely used at any given time throughout the whole subscription period.
Each WAsP CFD calculation credit allows you to make a CFD calculation for a tile of 2 km x 2 km on the EMD HPC cluster. The tiles are easily defined in windPRO. A complete WAsP CFD calculation for a “standard” project site will typically require 3 to 6 tiles, depending of the project size. The CFD results are typically delivered to your computer within a few hours after the calculation has been submitted to the EMD HPC cluster.
It is important to mention that when submitting a WAsP CFD calculation to the EMD HPC cluster, you are only sending terrain and roughness data, no confidential site wind measurements have to be sent to the cluster.
- High-resolution CFD calculations based on the WAsP model experience, the industry-standard flow model for energy yield calculations.
- No need to invest in own expensive in-house CFD software license.
- No need to have dedicated in-house CFD expertise and skills.
- No need to invest in own expensive in-house high-performance computer resources.
- Delivery of WAsP CFD results are typically within hours compared to several days or more when using own in-house CFD calculation resources.
- CFD calculations seamlessly integrated with windPRO for energy yield calculations and site suitability analyses.
- Easy sharing of CFD results with your colleagues through windPRO.
- Flexible subscriptions terms allowing you to handle varying demands for your CFD calculations.
- Very attractive prices compared to other CFD alternatives for performing high-quality and high-resolution CFD calculations on your projects.
How does it work?
The WAsP CFD calculation credits included in an EMD WAsP CFD annual subscription are added to your user account as follows:
- A number of WASP CFD calculation credits are added to your account at the beginning of the subscription, which can be used throughout the entire subscription period.
- The same number of WAsP CFD calculation credits are credited your subscription account at the beginning of each quarter throughout the subscription period.
The EMD WAsP CFD subscriptions have been designed to give the subscriber flexibility to run CFD calculations for both large and small project sizes within a given quarter, and will also enable you to handle unexpected project work without having to change your subscription.
Unused WAsP CFD calculation credits credited an account at the beginning of each quarter will expire at the end of the same quarter and are not carried forward to the next quarter. However, latest seven days before the end of each quarter, you will receive an auto-generated notification by e-mail, if you have unused calculations credits left in your account.
Subscription Types and Prices
|Subscription type||Subscription includes
||For users with a typical requirement of the following number of project calculations each quarter*2)||Annual Subscription Fee|
|5 WAsP CFD CC’s credited each quarter + 5 WAsP CFD CC’s valid for use through the entire subscription period||1-2||EUR 1,500
|10 WAsP CFD CC’s credited each quarter + 10 WAsP CFD CC’s valid for use through the entire subscription period||2-4||EUR 2,900
|Medium (20+20)||20 WAsP CFD CC’s credited each quarter + 20 WAsP CFD CC’s valid for use through the entire subscription period||4-8||EUR 5,400
|40 WAsP CFD CC’s credited each quarter + 40 WAsP CFD CC’s valid for use through the entire subscription period||8-16||EUR 10,300
|Large (80+80)||80 WAsP CFD CC’s credited each quarter + 80 WAsP CFD CC’s valid for use through the entire subscription period||16-32||EUR 19,500
|Single credit||EUR 100
*2) Assuming a need of 3 to 6 WAsP CFD calculation credit for a typical project site. The actual number of WAsP CFD calculations credits to be used for a specific project will depend of the actual site area to be calculated with WAsP CFD.
The subscription will start the following month after payment has been received. However, the yearly and the first quarterly credits are already released to your user account on the date of receipt of payment.
Upgrade from one EMD WAsP CFD subscription to a larger subscription type within the annual subscription period is possible at the start of every new quarter period by paying the price difference between the two subscription types for the remaining quarters of the annual subscription. Downgrade of a subscription is not possible.
Larger subscription options are available upon request.