Are you passionate about applied science, wind and other renewable energy sources and want to participate in the transition into a fossil-free and sustainable world? The Wind R&D team at EMD is a small but dedicated team that supports EMD product innovation. In our work, we highly value the co-operation with stakeholders, clear responsibilities and professionalism. These values provide the foundation for new methods, processes and tools that are integrated with EMD products and our industry-leading windPRO software.
As a R&D Specialist at EMD you will be technically responsible for selected research and development areas. It will be your responsibility to create results in close co-operation with colleagues, customers, research partners in academia and the industry as well as internal stakeholders. Your areas of work will include:
- Development of methods for internal and external dissemination.
- R&D project specification, management, execution and collaboration.
- Continuous improvements of existing methods and services.
- Contributions to software development with quality assurance of methods and services.
We are searching for a candidate with the following background:
- Education: M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Engineering or Science, preferably with a background in numerical modelling, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and/or atmospheric flow models.
- Knowledge and experience with some of the following R&D topics: big data, high performance computing, uncertainty modelling, optimization techniques, wind energy in cold climates, wakes, remote sensing, flow modelling.
- Hands-on experience with microscale or mesoscale flow modelling and in-depth knowledge of some of the commonly used models with associated data sources (collected from traditional and remote sensing techniques).
- Documented experience with wind energy – Minimum 3 years of experience from the industry.
- Experience or a strong interest in project management such as agile methods and/or PRINCE2.
- Knowledge of software development processes with programming skills preferably in Python.
Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
Mindset of continuous improvement of processes and tools.
Team player and interested in working in a team of international colleagues.
Goal oriented with a high level of commitment.
Strong analytical skills with an eye for the important details.
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a dedicated and committed team with highly skilled and motivated employees with excellent opportunities to develop your competences both professionally and personally. Work location is Aalborg Denmark. Expected travel activity is 10-20 days/year.
For additional information, please contact Vice CEO, Christian Ingerslev Sørensen, email@example.com, +45 9635 4464 or R&D Team Manager, Morten Lybech Thøgersen, firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 9635 4462. All applications will be treated confidentially. Please send you application as soon as possible: There is no deadline for the job advertisement, as we will close the position when the right candidate is found. Applications should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com.
Click here for pdf-version: Wind_Energy_RD_Specialist